You need to keep your addresses clean because its always about quality over quantity. It’s worth doing because it…
- Save money on distribution
- Reduces number of ‘return to sender’
- Improve your metrics
- Marketing list service providers don’t necessarily clean up addresses, so you need to!
Cleaning up – the manual way
- Identify typos in addresses and correct them
- Find duplicate addresses to delete
- Manually work out what County the address belongs to
- Move data into different fields to get the first line of address and street info correct
- Make sure that postcodes have spacing in the right place
- Remove non-address data like email addresses
Cleaning up steps – the DataWand way
We use our magical ‘Address cleaner’ wand, it does all the manual work for you, in seconds.
- It auto formats the address into its different components (house number, street, place, town, county, postcode)
- It auto corrects the case
- It automatically works out County and Country info if missing
- Formats postcodes
- Deletes email addresses found in the address
And hey presto! all your addresses are cleaned up within seconds ready for your next post mail campaign.
By the way, we speak from experience as we saved ourselves 4 hours by using DataWand to clean up a data list containing 5,000 UK addresses.
P.S. If your mailing labels only support 5 lines of address data you can use DataWand to easily merge address fields together and if you want to remove records because the postcode is incomplete, DataWand’s got an action for that too.