We spend so much time and investment in data gathering which, despite our best efforts, corrodes over time.
To retain data quality, you should make sure you have the correct automated and manual processes and procedures in place.
Here are five tips that we have for you to consider:
- Ensure that a clear set of data standard instructions are defined and exist on how data is to be stored e.g. postcode to be stored without whitespace
- Encourage your staff to check and update a customer’s data each time they are in contact with them
- Validate all data entry points before saving new data or when updating existing data
- Invite your customers to maintain their own data via a secure web portal
- To reduce data entry errors, use drop-down lists in forms as much as possible
The trick is to make sure that all your processes and procedures stay current and try and automate as much as possible.